Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Big Job - Big Progress





































We made big progress on the truck job yesterday. While the boys finished up the crossmembers by sanding and cutting the access holes in them, I cut the frame rails on the truck. We loaded the new frame section on top of the back half of the truck , pushed it back the eight feet, prepped the ends of the frame rails, then dropped the new section in the hole. It took a little while to get everything aligned properly but the whole operation went surprisingly well. I should be able to get most everything welded up today or in open shop tonight.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Nice job for those Boys. Gives 'em an idea of what they can really do if they get there shit together.

Looking good.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I always try to expose them as many different types of welding as possible. Some of them pick up on it right away, some don't. At least they've seen what can be done and I've done my job.