Thursday, December 10, 2009

Train's Comin' Together























Most of the boys are scrambling to get some grades in the book now that the end of the semester is fast approaching. Since they're all busy welding on things, about all I have to do is dispense welding rods and plates, give the occasional demonstration and record their grades. That gives me a little welding time of my own. That means working on the railroad. As you can see from the photos, I've got most of the welding done on the little engine that could. As in, it could actually be ready for Christmas with paint that's dry. I need to touch up the nose a little and add some interior reinforcement and then put the wheels and steering in it. Should be able to finish it up by the end of next week easy enough.

I also managed to get some primer on the little boat. I need to get some fishing line or some type of light twine for the rigging. My fishing poles all have monofilament line but the braided line like on the old bait casters would be a lot better. I need to make a run to the hardware store for a couple other items, so I'll check and see what's available there first. I have a kid in one of my classes who fishes in a lot of bass tournaments. He might have something I could use. If nothing else, I can head to the big city and hit one of the big stores. I need to make a cemetery run for the grave blankets and I can go by Cabela's if I need to. They should have a pretty good selection of fishing line. Maybe Sunday. Looks pretty good for finishing both projects, either way.

2 comments:

leroy99 said...

I have some green braided line I bring by the gym tonight so you can take a look at it and see if it will work for ya see ya then.

Grumpyunk said...

Damn Dude, you rock. Have I mentioned that lately? If not, I should have.