Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Fireplace Tools




















I finished the fireplace tools that I made at the Blacksmith Shop during the fair. Actually, I made the tools two years ago and made the pieces for the stand this year. I need to put some linseed oil on everything still as I write this but that might have to wait a couple days as I seem to have caught something of a sore throat, runny nose kind of thing. No surprise, however. Happens every year at either Thanksgiving or Christmas. Whatever goes through the school, I manage to get to a greater or lesser degree. I do especially like it when it happens while I'm on vacation. If I'm going to be miserable, I'd prefer having the opportunity share that with the little SOB's at work who passed it around in the first place. It is after all the season of giving.

4 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Nice looking set there, Bro.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Thanks. I need to make a pair of tongs to complete the set. I saw a pair I liked but can't remember where. They were a little different than the norm. Have to do some research.

Grumpyunk said...

"They were a little different than the norm." - Sums us up pretty well!

Shop Teacher Bob said...

That might not have been a good thing when we were young but now it's starting to look real promising.

Merry Christmas, Bro.