Wednesday, July 22, 2015

"Nothing Could Be Finer"


When my buddy came down this past weekend I offered him an adult beverage - don't think I've ever known him to turn one down in the last thirty years or so - and when he saw that it was a Shiner Bock he mentioned that he had seen a couple riding around on a pair of Shiner Bock bicycles. That piqued my curiosity so I did an internet search and the above photo came up from an Ebay auction. Price is reasonable, if I was in the market for another bike which I'm definitely not, and it's within driving distance to haul it home. However, nothing else with wheels comes in unless something else goes out. Be better if two things went out in fact. 

I did see where a small town south of me is having a bike ride in September. There are various length rides from 5 to 100 miles. I'm thinking the 31 mile route would be about right. I haven't ridden much this summer but with a couple of months to train I should be able to get the old legs shaped up enough to complete the ride with a minimum of pain and strain. Even if it continues to rain like it has been or stays with temps in the 90's, I can always use my trainer down the basement until I can get out on the road in earnest. I haven't been keeping any regular workout schedule since my wife got sick but I need to get back in the saddle, literally, for both my mental and physical health. 

Calling for a beautiful day today. Think I'll go for a ride.

No comments: