Thursday, June 15, 2017

Cry Me A River


Actually, no need to cry me a river - things are pretty good around here. Since it was blistering hot on Tuesday afternoon, I was inside and the old TV show Laramie was on featuring an episode with Julie London. Even though she didn't sing, I've had the song stuck in my head ever since. 

Woke up yesterday to the Washington shooting on the TV. Initially I figured it was some right wing whacko. Apparently I was wrong.This time it was a left wing whacko. End result still the same though. Maybe Cry Me A River is more timely than I thought. Especially when I later hear about a workplace shooting in San Francisco.


It's really bad when you need to swap out the flowers in your hair for a flak jacket. I'm beginning to think we're witnessing the beginning of the end. All great empires have fallen. Might just be our time here in the USA.


This seems to fit, somehow. It's time to stop playing games and all of us do what's best for the country in the long term. As individuals we should be good parents, love our neighbors, man-up and do the right things. Those in political office, stop the bickering and pandering. You're supposed to be looking out for out best interests, not doing what's best to get you re-elected. 

Be safe out there. 

No comments: