Thursday, June 21, 2018

Cycle Camping


We did the shake-down cruise to see what condition are conditions were in. About 25 miles each way. The trail is very nice but you have to use the highway for about 1-1/2 miles to get to the park. It's a busy road but most of it has a wide berm so it's not too dangerous. My only problems were my old sandals fell apart and leaving the park on the return trip you have to make a couple of steep climbs without any real warm up. At my age and with my medical history, I prefer easing my heart rate up. We got rained on both down and back but the timing worked out so we missed the big storms that came through before we hit the trail. When we got to the park the man in charge was kind enough to put us in a spot right next to a pavilion and close to the bath house so we could stay dry and had shelter if it got real bad. Fortunately, it didn't. My legs held up well with no soreness pulling the trailer around.

When we were getting ready to leave an old dude was cutting grass and we got to talking to him. Come to find out he used to race motorcycles and knew a couple of the same people my buddy and I know. He said he was 80 years old, gave his street bike to his son last year. Cool old dude. That's the kind of conversations you have when traveling on two wheels.

I'm typing this on the newly repaired computer, by the way. The local shop got me fixed up in a timely fashion and at a very reasonable cost. The Geek Squad was going to take three weeks to replace the hard drive and they wouldn't transfer my files unless I ended up paying something in the neighborhood of $150.00. The computer is supposed to be under warranty but apparently the hard drive is under warranty but the programs and the files are software and the warranty doesn't cover that. I'm thinking that's a load of crap. I doubt seriously that I'll be buying another Dell computer nor will I be taking any of my business to Best Buy.

Things are now pretty much back to normal around here. I've got a computer and water, so that's good. Still got a huge list of things that need done around the shack and on the projects but that'll probably always be that way .Looking forward to the upcoming bike trip now.

No comments: