Wednesday, November 28, 2018

All Aboard On The Tool Board.

It's cold out there. We got a high of about 24 yesterday and maybe single digits last night. I stayed out of the shop yesterday other than to grab some tools so I could work down the basement. I finally got around to hanging up the tool board behind the little lathe I picked up last year.


Here's a shot of it after I finished it up a while back. Probably should have a photo of the finished installation  - maybe after I get the lathe dialed in and everything is functional. I won't even hazard a guess as to when that will be but since it's so bloody cold I'll be spending more time down the basement from now until springtime. 

When I finished the toolboard installation it was still relatively early so I thought I'd prime the shop door trim. Except I didn't have any paint down the basement. No real hurry on that operation but maybe this evening I'll get that done. I've got a plastic model kit I want to work on one of these days - '62 Chevy Impala like I used to have. My brother from a different mother got it for me for Christmas I think it's been two years ago now. I bought paint and glue so I can make it look like my old car. As soon as the trim boards come off the horses, I'll get started on it. Time to get back in my routine of hitting the basement workshop after dinner. Much better than sitting in the recliner in front of the television. 

No comments: