Tuesday, March 12, 2019

Forty-Eight


Anniversary today - 48 years and counting. This song expresses the sentiment quite nicely for me. On one of our nights out on my recent trip to Ireland, we were in a 300 year old pub that has been in the same family for all that time. I was working my way through a pint of Beamish when Richie, our entertainment for the evening, sang this tune for us - actually brought a tear to my eye. The Missus and I first met when she was sixteen and sat behind me in sophomore English class and I do truly love the old girl as I did when she was sixteen.

4 comments:

Dave & Becky said...

Dave and I got to know each other in study hall when we were fifteen. Enjoyed the song

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Another of the world's great love stories!

Glen Campbell did a nice version of the song as well.

Rich in Ky said...

Happy Forty-Eight! And a glass raised for many more.
The wife and I, both being victims of divorce, won't likely see our 48th (that would put us each around 100), but we celebrate each one with our own memorable tunes. Isaac Guillory is one of our favorites, this rendition in particular. Hmm. sound familiar?

https://youtu.be/QlOImqlObSY

Cheers... Rich

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Rich:

I've never heard of him - actually I don't know many Irish musicians. I used to listen to the Thistle and Shamrock on NPR but that's been so long ago I can't remember any of the featured players. Of course, it's getting to be I can't remember what I had for breakfast either. Isaac plays some nice music though.