Saturday, September 19, 2020

The "Dub"

 


Postcard my aunt posted on Facebook - my first teaching position. Started in '76 and worked there four years before I was transferred to the Career Center. I loved working there. Great faculty, especially in my department, administration and students. Mostly working class people in a "steel town". The students were a bit on the rough side but respectful. If you treated them with respect, they returned in kind. The school's long gone now. They consolidated Washington and Roosevelt to form Central High. That created a few problems with Washington being in the Harbor and Roosevelt being E.C - long time rivals. I was up that way earlier in the week. I was planning on going to a welding supply where I used to do a lot of business but it was closed up. I guess they're right - you can't go home again.

I moved some stuff to the storage unit yesterday. The bike carrier worked well. I moved a few other things as well as a few bikes and then moved some things around in the shop. I need to think about what else I'm going to move over - maybe two more bikes before I take the carrier back off the truck. I do like the space being more open. I've got a piece of tubing to bend - it'll be a lot easier with some clear floor space.

No comments: