Tuesday, April 11, 2023

Spring Time

 



Another beautiful day yesterday. I've got six magnolia trees on the place and they've all responded well to the lovely weather we're having. Five of the six bloom heavily with these conditions, the other one, a cucumber tree magnolia, is not much of a flowering tree but rather, more of a lumber type tree. It's called a cucumber tree due to the seed pods hanging from the branches look like cucumbers. It's a slow grower compared to the others but makes a nice landscape tree.


I had to stop the truck for some ducks crossing the road when I was coming home from the gym last evening. One of the nice things about living in the country is the flora and fauna. Of course, you have to take the good with the bad, what with some of the varmints that show up. Hard to get upset about anything when spring is in the air, things are blooming and the wildlife is coming back out.


My hardware order showed up yesterday. I should have a pretty good supply now of fine thread nuts, jam nuts, and SAE flat washers. I need to pick up another small organizer to keep track of them all.

I made a gasket to fit under the adaptor plate for the jitney manifold and looked around for a piece of aluminum to make the bracket for the throttle and choke cable. I don't have any 3/16" so I'm going to use 1/4" and then mill some relief cuts in it. The auto parts store didn't have the piece for the throttle linkage, but not any real surprise. I'll get one ordered in. 

Did some work in the garden yesterday, as well. Spent a little quality time with a rake and shovel. I decided I want to have a small strawberry patch, so I dug up a spot for that. I might get real ambitious and plant a few more things. Probably a good year to do it.

No comments: