Things have been going pretty good on the home front lately. Made a clutch tool for the 900:
Surly set the extra Sportster seat I have on the back of the Sprint and I like the look. I think I'm going to run with it. I've got the stock seat but it needs to be recovered but even if that wasn't the case, I think I like the Sporty seat a bit better. I'm planning on swapping out the handlebars as well. The stock bars on the SS are rubber mounted and a little higher than I prefer. Even when things were new the give from the rubber mounting was a little disconcerting. Might have kept the vibration down but I prefer a little more of a direct connection to the bike. Looks like this Sprint got pushed up a little closer to the front of the project line but that's OK. As long as the line isn't getting any longer I'm good.
I bought a couple of taillights for my old Plymouth. I'm planning on frenching those in so I need some buckets for them to set into. I made a little pattern of the bottom of the bucket the other day thinking these would be something I could work on when I had a little down time in the shop or the lab at school. Realistically, I should have just bought a pair of buckets at the same time I bought the lights but once a maker, always a maker.
So there's a little progress on three different projects. That's the high point. The low point is my buddy Jimmy from the boxing gym had a terrible fall the other day. He's banged up pretty bad. Had one surgery already and more on the way. I haven't talked to him yet but I'll see whatever I can do to help out. I can help run the gym a couple of days per week until he gets back on his feet. Might cut into my project time a bit but this is why a guy has friends. Nobody needs help on the sunny days. You need to be there when it's raining.
|Photo by Surly|
Get well Pal.