I got the air conditioning unit hooked up in the shop. I raised it up a couple of inches to clear the legs on the press and to allow the drain hose to have a little fall to it. The warm air exhaust goes through the same hole the heater comes through in the winter. Pretty easy install. However, it's real close to the mill so I'll have to protect it from flying chips. I'm thinking a piece of 1/4" plywood maybe 6' high with a stiffener along the edges that I can fasten to the shelving unit should work. The nice thing about this unit is you can use it for AC, a dehumidifier or a fan. Should be a blessing when the temps are in the nineties.
The weather's been quite reasonable the last few days but the smoke from the Canadian wildfires has been pretty rough. I went out on the bike the last couple of mornings since the smoke wasn't too bad but it hasn't been very healthy for anyone spending time outdoors.
I straightened out the windmill for the sister-in-law. You have to look close to see that it was bent up, but since it was pretty shaky before it got hit, I'm sure she'll be happy.
Really good article about "ghost bikes" and what often happens when a bicyclist is killed while out on the road. Most everyone around my area is fairly courteous and gives me plenty of room. Of course, I try to restrict my riding to the roads less traveled and at a time when there isn't much traffic. I've often wondered why people who drive 15,000 miles a year can't move over 5' when passing a cyclist or a runner. Just have to be careful.


No comments:
Post a Comment