Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Catching my Breath

I'm taking it easy this week, project wise. I set some time aside in the schedule for working on the high mileage car but my man Rich has got things pretty well under control. We've already taken the car for a test drive, so we know it works. Rich and a couple of the other team members finished up the rest of the detail work this morning, so we should be golden. The Missus is going to go shopping for the team to get us some grub to take along. I just checked the weather and it looks like rain for the weekend and next Monday - that'll make it a lot of fun. We will have Senator Lugar showing up at the tech inspection, so we've got that going for us. We'll also have a for sale sign on the car. This is going to be the last of it for me.

I've been able to start riding my bike to work most every day now. I'm planning on heading out on the bike trip the first week of June - got to get some miles in. I officially started my training this week. Putting miles in on the bike and getting some running in. There's a metric century (62 miles) bike ride on the 15th of May and a 5K (3.1miles) run the 16th that I'd like to do. I'm never fast so I don't have to worry about losing any speed by riding the bike the day before the run. I'm going to sign up for the 5K for sure and wait and see about the weather for the bike ride. This is the 35th anniversary of the run and I actually ran in the first one. It was originally a 10.5 mile race and it was my first organized road run. A lot of the same guys who beat me then are still beating me now. Of course, the majority of that original group wouldn't be able to run around the block if someone out a gun to their head 35 years later. You just have to stay with it.

Get outside, people. Plant that garden, go for a walk - just get out of the house and enjoy life.

No comments: