Saturday, February 19, 2011

Bitchin' Tank















Surly sent me this photo from here. Absolutely gorgeous craftsmanship. Enlarge the photo with a click and take a good look see. Appears to be a steel tank that has the insert braze welded together. Really impressive work. If they teach this at a charter school, I might revise my opinion of them a little bit.

I've used the bully pulpit here to rag on the idiot politicians about all I can stand for awhile, so I'm going to get back to posting about some of the things we're doing. I started in on the spiral staircase for the barn project the other night at Open Shop. I cut all of the old hand rail and balusters off since just about everyone of them was bent a little and I need to change the spacing on the rise of the steps. I took a couple of photos prior to the dismantling and will post some updates as we progress.

Enjoy the weekend. Spring's on the way and Italy beckons.

No comments: