Friday, January 31, 2014

Hose Job

Photo From Here

I've never been much of a chopper guy but if I was to ever build one, it would definitely be something along these lines. As it is, if the weather doesn't improve some I'm never going to get anything done on the projects.

I did manage to get out and replace the hydraulic hose on the old tractor the other day - explains the loss of fluid I had last time I was using it. Wasn't too bad working in the barn, even without heat. The temperature was something like 25, I was out of the wind and compared with the temperatures we've been having, it felt almost pleasant. It was a pretty easy job, though. One end of the hose I could take off while standing up and I only had to kneel down to get the other end off. No laying on my back in the gravel with oil dripping in my face. Nary a cuss word was uttered and I'm set to go for the next batch of snow they're predicting. Somewhere between six to ten inches, and maybe some freezing rain mixed in to that as well, as if you cared. Oh, and then it turns really cold again come Tuesday.

I picked up the parts to get my light situation with the little wood lathe plumbed up. That's next on the list of "cold" projects. Harbor Freight had the 8" grinder on sale that I've been keeping an eye on for sharpening the lathe tools. I also had a coupon to get an additional 20% off. I wasn't sure if I could use the coupon with the grinder already being on sale, so I went to the website to see if it would work before driving up there. Come to find out, not only would they accept the coupon, they'd ship it for $6.99 as well. Since I can't drive up there for that price, I went ahead and ordered it in. Should be here in a couple of days. All that's left is the sharpening fixture and I should be ready to turn.

Stay warm, and if they're predicting snow, stay out of Atlanta.

No comments: