Monday, April 25, 2016

Cal Rayborn

Photo From Here

One of the greatest of all time. Never got a chance to see him race in person, unfortunately. He died in 1973 in a crash aboard a Suzuki after leaving Harley Davidson. When I bought my little Sprint in '68, Rayborn was the man to beat when it came to roadracing - lapped the field at Daytona on an XR. Good write-up here if you want to know more. 

Spent some time working in the garden over the weekend. Hoping to get the balance of it planted next weekend. I'm thinking I should get some strawberries planted as well. I've got a spot that would be just right for that. 

Got a little seat time in on the bicycle this weekend. Need to start getting out on a regular basis but I'm going to be pretty busy with things at school the next two weeks. Four weeks off after that, however. Should be able to make some progress on the projects and get the Sportster lit off. It's looking like rain for the next few days. Not the best for two-wheeling but should give the garden a good start.

Have a good week.



No comments: