Wednesday, December 11, 2019

Johnny



Brother Johnny, posted by my sister-in-law on Facebook. Miss that knucklehead, especially with all the political stuff going on. It'd be nice to be able to hear his take on the impeachment proceedings and all the rest. It would surely be interesting - profane - but interesting.

He'd be old enough to retire now - be real nice if we could finally take that motorcycle ride together. It wasn't that we didn't have good times together. He just didn't get enough time. He did make pretty good use of the time he did have, I'll say that for him.

Happy birthday, Bro.


Brackets for the bike carrier with some primer on them. I got them painted black yesterday, made a couple of tubes to hold the taillights, welded and ground off the main frame. I ordered in some stainless hardware to fasten the ramp to the frame. Aluminum and steel together with electric current running through it can cause some issues. The stainless hardware from the Bolt Depot isn't much more than the zinc plated stuff from the hardware store, so why not go with the good stuff.

Pretty much finished my Christmas shopping yesterday as well. I still need a couple of stocking stuffers but no big deal on that. I also bought myself a plasma cutter. On sale with free shipping. It should be here in a couple of days.

I'm looking at buying a new bandsaw as well. Mine wasn't all that great to begin with but it's been handy. It'll work both in the horizontal and vertical positions. I usually use it in the vertical position and cut stock to length with my abrasive cut-off saw. It would be nice to have a dedicated vertical saw that I could put a narrower blade on so I could cut tighter radii. Plus, it would take up less floor space. Rather than get another horizontal bandsaw, maybe get an additional chop saw with a metal blade instead of an abrasive blade.


Something like this one would do it. Cheaper to operate than the abrasive blades and no sparks flying everywhere. I'll do some research while I save up my allowance.

No comments: