Tuesday, June 30, 2026

Things Are Heating Up

 



My two coaching buddies and I went walkies on Sunday. One of them lives about 20 miles south of me, the other the same only north. We normally meet in the park by me but this time we went north to a recently remodeled park in the town where I lived before moving to the farm. It's a beautiful little city park with a paved walking path and trails through the woods. Unfortunately, the wooded trails were too muddy due to all of the recent rains and storms.


The Missus and I went to the grandson's open house on Saturday. Nice party and the kid is already gainfully employed in an apprenticeship program. While there the Missus' sister handed off a piece for her windmill that's needing repair again. A branch came down on it during the last round of storms that passed through. 

She was fortunate in that that was all of the damage at her place. A tornado went through not far from her place. Lots of tornado damage all around me this year. Houses, barns, cars - gone with the wind. I feel bad for those poor souls. Everything you own just gone. 

And now, we're looking at ninety-degree heat with heat indices over 100 for the remainder of the week. My plan is to get out early for my bike ride, do a little something outdoors or in the shop later in the day and then hide in the AC during the mid-day heat.

  

No comments: