Sunday, October 4, 2026

Eve of Destruction

 


Once again, or maybe still, we're on the eve of destruction. Lots of bad things going on in our country and the world. Lots of talk about nuclear weapons like when I was a young man.  When will they ever learn?


Over the years I've turned into a peacenik it seems. The Prez just sent armed forces to the Middle East and is talking about bombing Iran back into the stone age. I'm beginning to think Trump's just about as nuts as Biden was. 350 million people in this country and all the mopes in Washington can do is go to war on borrowed money. 


However, all is not doom and gloom. The little lilac in back of the house has decided to take advantage of the beautiful fall weather and bloom again. There's also a couple of blossoms on the rose bush out back. Nice little mood elevator.

 __________________________________________


Busy day yesterday. I got a message from my old boss at the part-time gig. Seems he was cleaning out some stuff and had a piece I had fabricated and wanted to know if I could use it. I didn't want it but I told him I'd pick it up and recycle it. When I swung by, he had a small pile of steel for me, so I loaded it up and then took it to Cuzzin Ricky and threw it on his scrap trailer. I also made a stop at the drug store and hardware store while I was out running around. 

Surly came down later and we shot the bull for a bit, he sandblasted a piece and I installed the lockset in the new man door for the barn. I still need to do a little prep on the door frame before hanging the new door, but pretty happy with the progress of late.

No comments: