Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Suiside
















I found this picture at Starlet Showcase. Apparently, it was part of a safe driving campaign to keep people from passing on the right. If a guy had an old rat rod truck, he could hang a couple of signs like this on the back of it and actually be able to pull it off.

The weather is crap, once again. I just got home from the gym and the snow's coming down pretty good. It's supposed to start blowing later on and get colder than a well digger's arse which means I might get another day off from school. I'm having a helluva time getting anything done. The proposal for the high mileage car has to be postmarked Friday and the kid still has a couple of drawings to finish up. We lost three days right before our Christmas break, otherwise we'd of had them done. Same thing goes with the final exams. Instead of having two weeks to finish up the proposal and grade papers, I spent the weekend working on them and doing some more work on the gym.

The gym expansion is just about done and the place is looking real good. Jimmy and Ernie put a lot of time in on it over the weekend. One of the boys in the vocational class is making another speed bag platform - should have it ready for Thursday night if schools in session. I need to hang a couple more heavy bags up and make some benches then we're pretty well set. We had 13 guys sign in tonight and it wasn't at all crowded. We'll probably have at least 6-7 guys going to the Gloves. We might not win them all but we should put on a pretty good show.

Now that the new semester is underway and I'm close to being caught up, I'll be hitting it pretty hard on the midget and Cuzzin Ricky's buggy. Should have some pictures of some progress and some camera stuff to post soon, as well. I finally got a chance to get into the darkroom the other night. Got a couple of nice prints made and worked on my pinhole camera as well.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Cool picture and the link is gonna be like a huge time loss for me. Thanks.

Looks like you got a lot of stuff going on, 'eh? Good to have a mission I suppose. It was cold as hell here today, but the sun was out for once and it frustrated the hell out of me. I kept going outside and the damn global warming kept chasing me back in. Bah!

The fellas at Wings, in the post below look like they got one hell of a setup. I can appreciate that kind of tech and talent, but I'm to much of a Tard to ever get near it.

Get your projects done before Spring and head down South when it warms up. We'll go have some fun.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

Lots of stuff going on but that's the norm for me. Weather isn't cooperating one bit with me either. School's called today cuz it's -15, again. Too cold to work in the shop at home so I'm catching up on the reading and throwing logs in the fireplace. Gets much colder in here, I'll be bustin' up the furniture and tossing that in.Planning on hitting the darkroom again tonight. Got some more negs from my trip to Minnesota I want to print.