Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Blossom Dearie





















Not the recently departed jazz singer Blossom Dearie, but the apple trees that are blossoming now. It was an absolutely wonderful weekend here and of course I managed to screw up my back about a week ago, which didn't sit well with me. Or stand well. Or bend over well. But things are finally blooming and even cutting the grass is a pleasure, other than the stabbing pains in the lower back when I hit a bump, that is.

The photo on the top is a Haralson apple and the photo on the bottom is a crabapple. I need to figure out what to do with all the little crabapples that make a mess in the fall but the spring blossoms sure are pretty. The peach trees are just starting to blossom while the redbuds and the lilacs are in full bloom. My magnolias are done already but were lovely while they lasted. So now that spring is in air a man's thoughts turn to, you guessed it, making things.

I'm trying to put the finishing touches on about a half dozen of the projects I've started. I've got to be one of the greatest starters of all time. If only I was even a mediocre finisher. I know my wife would certainly like that. But progress is being made and as soon as I get off of injured reserve, the show will go on.

No comments: