Sunday, February 21, 2010

Rickati Progress
















I managed to start on the exhaust pipe for the Rickati project. I made the flange and welded a couple of bends together for a start. Not much maybe, but measurable progress. I think I may have the rear wheel thing taken care of as well. As soon as I get a couple of other things machined up, I'm going to start on the swingarm. I'll need a rear wheel before I can finish it, but it'll keep me going forward.

The fights on Friday night went real well. We had a nice crowd and a lot of action. Surly came down and took some photos for us. I saw them on his computer yesterday and he got some nice shots. As soon as he gets a disc burned, I'll put a few up on the gym blog.

Up date: Pictures are posted.

There's also a new post on the High Mileage blog. We're seeing some progress on that project and should have the car pretty close to being finished in about a month. It'll be awfully nice to be ahead of the game for once but I'm not counting my chickens yet.



Unk: Remember doing this on the little Harley?



From here via Ride the Machine.

2 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

Why yes I do. I fell on my ass a few - scratch that - a bunch of times doing goofy shit like that. My problem was getting back to the starting position after getting out on the front fender or backwards like that kid in the picture.

That big ugly crash bar kept a lot of bad things from happening to that old Harley.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I got where I could take off OK but falling off seemed like the easiest way to dismount, especially when trying to navigate the bumps and the oak trees in the side yard. Not too graceful but the crash bar kept the bike off the ground.