Thursday, October 21, 2010

Alternative Power Initiative

My buddy, whose going to partner up with me on the Alternative Power Initiative build, received the plans for the steam engine. He's coming down this evening for a planning session - when we talk motorcycle stuff we call it talking squish band. I'll have to come up with some steamy kind of name for these sessions. If I can't think of anything catchy, we can always fall back on the old standard of a scratch and spit session, I suppose.

So the deal is, were planning on building a steam powered vehicle, either three or four wheeled depending on the size of the boiler and the steam engine. I'm a big fan of steam anything, so I'm really looking forward to seeing what we can come up with. I've got some students who want to come on board with the project so we're going to run it under the school name. I've already run the idea past the boss, so he's on board with the thing. I need to write up a little description of what we have in mind and what it's for but that's no biggie. The biggest thing will be the time factor as we move into the unknown. Who knows what we're going to run up against building this thing. I'm figuring some good old Yankee ingenuity and hard work should put us in the running, though.

Stay tuned, as construction should begin soon.

No comments: