Friday, September 13, 2013

Boxing Show


Yesterday afternoon I helped Jimmy set up the ring for our big fundraising show this weekend. The ring's not the most portable of contrivances but you can't hardly have boxing matches without a boxing ring. Jimmy's put a lot of work and effort into this event, I sure hope it turns out well. Even though on paper I'm still a partner in all of this, since the heart attack, it's pretty much all Jimmy. Between my teaching schedule since retiring from the high school and trying to cut back on all of my activities, I haven't been all that much help at the gym. As much as I love boxing, might be time to retire from this too. Regardless, all the tickets are sold, there are 18 bouts lined up, and it should be an exciting night of amateur boxing.

No comments: