Saturday, June 10, 2017

Hit The Deck


Started on the deck for the "new" barn. Not really so new any longer but in comparison to the other out buildings it's the newest of the bunch. When I poured the floor in the back of the shop I also poured a couple of piers to support this thing. Since the barn went up about six years ago and the piers got poured two years ago, it's about time to finish this thing up. I still haven't decided what I want for a railing and a gate. I've got a couple of ideas I'm kicking around. I need to do a bit more investigating and then git to gittin'.

Finished up the first week of summer classes. Looks like a pretty decent bunch of students. My boss is still struggling with the new Learning Management Platform or whatever you want to call it. If or when he gets it figured out, he should have most everything ready for us adjuncts to use. From what I've seen of it, I think he figures that if I had to go through that learning curve, I'd just quit - and he's right. I almost feel bad for him but that's why he makes the big bucks. Take one for the team and all that.

The American Welding Society has a free on-line course on welding safety. I haven't checked it out yet but I'll probably take it. Always good to keep safety first and foremost in the welding game.

Heading to Janus motorcycles this morning to check out the little bikes I featured a couple of posts back. Seems they share a building with a brewery. If they sold bait & tackle or hardware, I'd be set. I'll get some photos and report back.

Have a good weekend.

No comments: