Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Parts


I took some time off from the shop projects when it was super hot to work on a few inside things that needed some attention. Actually, the Missus and I were looking into buying a house. It had been in her family for years and is in a nice location, unfortunately, it has been neglected for some time and it looked like it was going to be more trouble repairing and bringing up to code than we wanted to get into. While she was doing the leg work on that I was working on a couple of things that needed to be fixed around the shack but mostly I was thinking what the hell was I going to do with all the crap I've got if we move. I'm going to try and keep that thought in mind and let it guide me to keep throwing things out and downsizing some. We'll have to see how long that lasts.

Moving forward, I bought a couple of things for the wiring on the sidecar project. I bought a terminal strip and a trailer plug. The idea here is to wire the lights to one side of the terminal strip and wire one half of the trailer plug to the other side. I'll wire in the other half of the trailer plug to the bike so if I want to run the bike solo, all I'll have to do is pull the trailer plug apart, unbolt the chair and I'm done. 

The two pieces of sheet metal in the photo are for the VW job. I thought I had already cut a couple of pieces for that operation but couldn't find them the other day. The bucket of drops from the shear at work had just what I was looking for, however. I just had to cut it in half and clip the corners off. I still need to bend them but that should be easy enough. Finding time will be the issue again. 

The Missus and I will be looking after the grandkids for a week or so, plus my brother is coming to visit. Both of these are good things but will limit what I get done. It'll be nice getting a chance to catch up with my brother and I might coerce him into helping me on a couple of things I need an extra hand with. It'll be a different story with the grandkids. The long range weather forecast looks like rain most of the days they'll be with us. I'll have to look for some indoor places we can visit to keep them off the electronic devices and keep from driving grandma nuts if the weather keeps them cooped up in the house for a week. I like a challenge, though.

No comments: