Thursday, November 2, 2023

.035", 308

 


I ordered a lifetime supply of stainless MIG wire to use as TIG filler rod when I finish weld the rack on the Sportster. The wire is .035" diameter which is about the same as the wall thickness on the tubing. I've got a real small tungsten, coupled with this wire, it should make the welding go as smoothly as I'm capable of. This will be one of those jobs that'll get tackled when I'm in the right mood, got some good music queued up and the phone turned off. I don't need any of the damn spam calls bothering me.

I was going to have the grandson give me a hand getting the Sportster back down on the rear wheel when he came down yesterday, but he got called out in the early hours yesterday for snow removal duty. Now that my shoulder has a decent range of motion, I can probably do it on my own. I sure as hell don't want to drop it. I need to move it though, so I can get the front wheel removed for the tire change and rim polish, then put it to bed for the winter.

No comments: