Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Mono Posto



The post title refers to the old joke about why a chicken coup only has two doors. In this case there's only one - but - it's got a fresh coat of paint on it. I replaced the trim board over the top of the door and got a coat of primer on it. I ran out of red paint so I didn't get the whole coop painted but the part you see from the house looks good. Depending on the weather this week, I'll try to get the rest of it finished.


I did get the outhouse finished. Looks pretty good. It's actually a little garden shed I made for the Missus when I taught a construction class one year at the high school. There's a sidewalk leading from the house that went no where when we moved in. There used to be the "Mother-in-law" trailer out back, hence the sidewalk. A fancy outhouse at the end of the sidewalk seemed to be a good fit.

Besides the painting I went to a ball game Saturday that the youngest grandson was playing in. They have a two hour limit on the games and they were right up on the time limit to play five innings. Kind of tough to sit through but it's real baseball, not "T" ball. The other grandson played a season of that and that's just brutal to sit through if you're a baseball fan. If you're a grandparent and just want to support the kids, if you look at it as just an outing with family, not bad at all. Good to see those young guys playing ball rather than sitting on their thumbs or fooling around with their electronics, though, and the kids all seemed to be having a good time out there. Did my old heart good.

The boxing gym had a fundraiser Saturday night - 10th anniversary show. Jimmy presented me with a plaque in appreciation of my contribution to the club over the years. I no longer have any official dealings with the gym. I'm just a volunteer coach who helps out where I can but I appreciate being recognized for my contribution. I appreciate what my old coach did for me, so I'm just paying it back or paying it forward, depending on how you want to look at it.

Yesterday Indian Motorcycles released their new street model based on their flat track bike, the FTR 1200. It looks pretty sweet. It's supposed to be in the dealer showrooms next Spring. You can see it HERE. I keep hemming and hawing about a new bike but just haven't been able to pull the trigger. This one might be the one, however. I'd still like to take a trip to the west coast on a little bike but the Missus is not at all on board with that idea. The little Royal Enfield would be just right for what I've got in mind but if I'm not going to make that trip, maybe the Indian would scratch the itch. If I was thinking logically, I'd just get busy and finish a couple of the project bikes and along with the SV650 I'd be all set. Motorcycling has never been about logic with me - or most other bike guys either for that matter. I've done several bicycle tours but never a motorcycle tour. Probably shouldn't have watched Bronson when I was a kid.

The battery for the trials bike should be here tomorrow. I'll get to work on that project when it's too wet to paint. I've still got a few other outside things I want to finish before the weather closes in also but at least the outhouse looks good.

No comments: