Friday, November 20, 2020

Radiator Shell

 


Since Surly brought it up last post, here we are.


I've been doing a little thinking on the radiator shell, both the design and how to construct it. The photo shows some of my preliminary thinking as far as the design goes and how I'll get there. The top tank of the radiator is about 4" wide. The plan is to have a relatively flat surface about the same width that roughly follows the contour of the radiator and then curves down. I'll then weld a piece from there that will meet up with the bottom frame rail.

I'm planning on making a buck for guiding me along, with the top part being a hammerform to help with the actually shaping of the compound curves. I'm waiting on the print shop to call me to pick up my order. When I get the call I'll pick up my job, hit the church with the donuts and then get some MDF from Menards for the buck. 

In the meantime, I'll do a bit more yard work - planning on mowing today and pick up some of the branches and brush I cut yesterday. I've got a couple other jobs that require the extension ladder. If it's not too windy today, might tackle those. Yesterday was back in the sixties as today will be as well, but it was too windy to be working off the ladder.

No comments: