Sunday, November 29, 2020

TCB

I had the radio on the other morning and heard my first Christmas song of the season - Elvis singing I'll Be Home For Christmas. He's been dead now as long as he was alive - 42 years. Surly, one of his buddies and I were in Memphis for a motorcycle race on the 10th anniversary of the King's death. We were planning on hitting Graceland but it was mobbed with people, as well as being hotter than the hinges of hell. I've been to his birthplace and the hardware store where he bought his first guitar but never made it to Graceland. I've never been blessed (or cursed) with fame and fortune but I've managed to out live Elvis by 28 years, so I've got that going for me. I'll take that as a damn good trade-off.


Meanwhile back at the shack, I'm Taking Care of Business by working on the buck. Not at a blistering pace but moving forward. Another day or two and I should be able to start working some sheet metal. That should be fun as well as a test of my skill. I've never done much of this kind of work and the last time I did anything along these lines was the Rickati tank and that was about ten years ago. I'm planning on making the top part out of one piece. Have to see how that works out.

No comments: