Saturday, October 28, 2023

Hard Times

 


The Great Dictator was on TCM the other night. It's been a while since I'd seen it and I was taking the day off due to this:


Had my toenail pulled out. 

Anyway, I propped my foot up and watched the movie. I had forgotten the speech at the end. The clip above is definitely worth watching. Especially in light of what's going on in the world today. I never considered myself a pacifist, but it's definitely time for some new leadership in this country - our irresponsible war mongers who spend money like there's no tomorrow have done too much damage already. And it doesn't look there's anyway to vote our way out of this, either.


Listen to Sister Mavis - she's singing truth. Hard times are coming but it's not a new story. The song was written by Stephen Foster and published in 1854. And the song remains the same. 

Peace!


No comments: