Wednesday, October 18, 2023

A Bit of Progress

 


I bead blasted the brake drum yesterday and got it painted. I also ordered a new chain and brake shoes. The braking surface inside the drum looks good, so nothing to worry about there. I started cleaning up the backing plate also. 


The Missus wants a bird bath to sit on the tree stump. so I planted a ring of tulip bulbs around it yesterday. I'm planning on getting a few other things to plant around there inside a ring of some sort separating the flowers from the lawn. 

I took one the window air conditioners out of the window yesterday and a few other little piddly chores. Starting to take care of all the seasonal things I normally do this time of year. It was a beautiful day yesterday for just that.

I'll do a little more on the bike today. I want to finish tacking the rack together and get the tire mounted. Maybe buff the backing plate up. I wasn't planning on doing a primo job of a restoration, but it won't hurt to get most of the oxide coating off it. 

No comments: