Monday, October 9, 2023

Marathon


I watched a bit of the Chicago Marathon yesterday morning. The winner set a new world record - just 35 seconds over 2 hours and he's young. Barring injury, on the right day he could be the first man to break the 2 hour mark. Short write-up on his record setting day here. The photo is yours truly modeling the tee shirt from when I ran a marathon. They didn't need a stopwatch for my time, however. They could have used a sundial. Never the less, it checked a box on the bucket list.



The Sportster project is turning into a marathon as well. I got the mounting tabs made up and tacked on. The welding went better this time after I changed out the #10 lens to a #8 in the welding helmet. Next up is the bracket to bolt it to the fender. I've come up with several ideas but I want something that will allow me to unbolt the rack without having to get at the underside of the fender. There's just not enough clearance between the fender and the tire to get my hand and a wrench in there.

I'm meeting a former student this morning who's a beekeeper to pick up some honey. There was an article in the Epoch Times about honey. According to the article, even though it's a sugar, it can help control blood sugar. Plus, it has many other benefits. Since it's supposed to help control blood sugar, I can feel OK about using in my morning cup of tea and my oatmeal.

I'm going to the health club later in the day for my first actual workout. Coach Jen has agreed to meet me and give me some advice and help develop a plan.

No comments: