In the interest of finishing one of the many unfinished projects that have accumulated over the years, I drug out the pump for the dump trailer. It's been in the original box out in the barn for years, and, of course, the mice set up shop in the box. No real harm done to the pump, but the instructions had been chewed up. Because of that, I'm not sure which port is the output and which is the return. I bought the pump from Northern and they now have a retail store not too far from me. I'll take a run up there with the info on the pump and see if I can get the info. First, though, I'll send Haldex an email and see if they can help me. I've got a control valve and some hose fittings already. It shouldn't take much to finish it up.
When I let the dog out the other morning, I saw this little deer sleeping under the pine tree. It's young - still has its spotted coat. I've seen what appears to be momma and papa around here as well. They all appear to be healthy. Lovely animals - very graceful when in motion.
The weather cooled down lately. I've been taking advantage of it and doing some outside work. With the heat and the rain, the weeds and brush have gotten away from me. The tree trimmer stopped by this morning to give me a quote on taking down a tree and trimming up a few more. It won't be cheap, but neither will be neglecting the work and having wires come down or a branch come down on the shop roof.
Planning on doing another 20-mile bike ride in the morning. I've been a little concerned about being out on the road after reading the article on ghost bikes in my last post, and then I came across this one. Female boxer died while riding her bike in what appears to be a deliberate attack. Lots of crazies out there. No reason all of us, whether it's a car, truck, bicycle or farm vehicle, can't share the road.


No comments:
Post a Comment