Tuesday, September 30, 2008

900 Parts






























I got the tach mount and the chainguard pert near up to snuff. I need to make a couple of little tabs to mount the chainguard on the swingarm and that'll be ready to rock. The tach mount bolts to the top of the headlight mount. I've got the bosses machined and now I need to bend a couple pieces of tube, weld the bosses in and fab the ears for the headlight. Not too big a deal except I'm real busy this week. That's OK, though. The project's been sitting for 15 years - no real hurry now. As long as this baby gets done by spring, I'll be a happy camper.

The mosquitoes are absolutely brutal now. Can't really get anything done outside without a major bloodletting. The weather was good over the weekend but I chose to pass on the barn project. After cutting grass and picking some apples, inside work was the order of the day. I dried some apples for the first time. Came out pretty good. This is the first year I had any kind of a real crop. Next year I'd like to make some cider. I need to see about making a press and a chopper. Press should be no big deal but not sure about the chopper. I know someone in the slicing and dicing business, however. If he gets the louver press dies finished, maybe I could get him to work on designing an apple chopper-upper. And maybe, just maybe, someday I'll work on just one project at a time. Start one - finish one. I've heard that people actually do that.

2 comments:

Surly said...

Looking good...well, the chain guard is a bit post-apocolyptic looking but the bike looks good.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

It looked good on paper. I wanted something more than just a strap along the top of the chain. I'll see how it looks when everything is together.