Friday, October 10, 2008

Midget Nose























I'm back working on the midget project, at least for the time being. The scatter gun approach to projects is not always the best but I think I've come up with the best solution to get the midget and the 900 done. I've got the midget on the west end of the big table and the high mileage team is on the east end. While they're working on their car, I can be working on mine. I can keep an eye on them and hopefully get a little bit done at the same time. I can work on the 900 in the evenings and weekends. I've set a mid-February deadline on the midget and a first of April deadline for the 900.

As the pictures show, I'm putting the nose together on the midget. I'm making it out of four pieces and welding them together. After I get it welded up, I'm going to cut an oval shaped hole and make some type of stainless grill for it. The pieces are a little rough right now. I planished out the big bumps but have some more smoothing to do. After I make the fourth piece, I'll smooth them up a little better, fit and weld them, then do the final planishing. I'm feeling pretty confident now. I wasn't so sure after having to bail out on the first piece I tried to make. I'm moving a little slow this week due to a nasty cold but I think I can have the nose done by next weekend and get a little more done on the headlight mount for the 900.

No comments: