Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Project Update





































Tuesday night's open shop was pretty busy. Cuzzin Ricky got a little work done on his buggy seats, I got a piece cut out and tacked together for the exhaust collector on the 900 and I had several students working on various things. I usually don't get a whole lot done on my projects during open shop but that's OK. The students can work on stuff and it's nice to have a little fun type of education going on. I got one of the stub axles for the midget machined up over the weekend. I was planning on doing the other one this evening but I broke my glasses last night, so getting some new specs is the number one priority right now.

I got the midget nose pretty much put together and ordered some parts to start hooking up the brakes and throttle. I need to make some type of rear brake - I think I'm just going to go with a scrub brake - the only real question is will I rig it up on both rear wheels or just one. I don't know if the grandson's going to have enough leg to bring both wheels to a stop. I've got the dash and steering shaft mount in the works. I'm going to engine turn the dash after I weld a boss for the steering shaft on. It should look pretty cool when it's done.

The gym is taking off rather well. We've got a few regulars and we're now open three days a week. I can see this is going to take up a lot more time than I had anticipated but I'm at least going to make sure I'm working out while I'm there. A couple of good, hard workouts per week is just what this old man needs to keep moving. I do need to streamline some of the other things in my life if I'm going to be a gym rat.

The high mileage project is starting to move forward. The design has been pretty well finalized, we've got the October newsletter ready to mail and we're ready to start fabbing up the frame. We've gotten a couple of sponsors, so we've got a big enough purse to get us started. Lots of good things going on and more to come.

No comments: