Sunday, October 11, 2009

Project of the Week















Was busy hanging wallpaper today. I got up this morning and turned on the Chicago Marathon, screwed up my courage and got after it. I usually do a pretty good job with the paper hanging but I'm not very damn fast. Of course, there's not a straight wall in the house and there's plenty of corners and a stairway to go up. At least I'm getting something done around the shack. The Missus wants things tightened up inside by Thanksgiving. I'm thinking that's possible but the new trim is going to be a little time consuming. I'll keep plugging away - I want this one off the list. The winner of the marathon set a new course record this morning, by the way.


















I got a little more work done on the black powder shotgun this past week. I made the trigger guard and did some filing on the tumbler. It still needs some more work but one more session and it should be about ready to go. I need to order some 5-40 screws before I can do much more on the lock. It's about time to order a piece of chrome-moly tube for the barrel as well. I'm going to machine the muzzle end for a removable choke. Not exactly your traditional muzzle loader, mind you, but good lathe practice.















The shiner's looking pretty tasty a week after the fact. I got quite a few comments this past week about it. Seems funny that I went to the doctor Monday afternoon and he didn't mention it. I'm beginning to think he just has me come in because I've got good insurance. At least the photo quality is better this time.

Lot's of project work lined up for next week both at school and at home. Getting ready to strt on the log splitter and a couple of things for the gym, which the Missus now refers to as the shiner shack, by the way.

3 comments:

Grumpyunk said...

That would make a pretty good permanent picture at the top of your sidebar, dude. Or photoshop it into the eye above the pyramid on the back of a dollar bill.
Would look good.

Wallpaper on walls that aren't plumb is a bitch.

Take it from a guy who knows - Keep your good eye on the job.

Shop Teacher Bob said...

I should have been keeping a photographic record of all of my injuries over the years. Lots of good stuff there. I do have a photo of my skull I printed from the x-ray. It looks pretty cool. That would make a good picture for the sidebar. I like the idea of the pyramid, though.

I got your photos from Indy put on a cd. Will try to get them in the mail this week.

Grumpyunk said...

Shit. I've never seen that x-ray shot. That would look good here. Since the wife had her brain surgery her nickname has been, "Dent". You can use that if you like. No. You don't have to thank me, that's ok.

Looking forward to the CD. Wish you could bring it down instead of mailing it.