Friday, November 27, 2009

Links
















I've put up a couple of new links on the sidebar. Still Life With Cranston Ritchie is about photography and motorcycles primarily and is posted by Surly, who happens to be my son, and A Quality Shop of Master Craftsmen will be the recounting of an HD restoration project and is posted by a guy who happens to be my cousin. Surly used to post quite a bit but then kind of dropped off the radar. He's back at it again, so you might want to check him out.

The title of the other blog, A Quality Shop of Master Craftsmen, was taken from an ad in the Yellow Pages for my uncle's welding shop. Probably doesn't carry too much weight with most of you, but to those of us who were associated with Selsor Welding years ago, it holds quite a few memories. I learned to weld in that shop 40 years ago and I think I can safely say that I'm now a master craftsman. If you've been following the blog for any length of time, you've had the opportunity to judge that for yourself. Anyway, the blog will be following the progress of my cousin as he restores the motorcycle he's had for about thirty years. I don't expect a lot of blog posts but you might want to check it out once in a while and leave him a comment. Something like: "Pull the rag out of your ass and get that thing finished, would you" would probably be appropriate.

I put the photo of the little pond sailer up there just to show you that even though I've got a couple of projects I've been tripping over for about thirty years myself, I'm at least staying busy.

4 comments:

tvi said...

HEY "BOB",

GET THE RAG OUT OF MY ASS? JUST MIGHT WORK!

THANKS FOR THE HEADS UP. I'LL DO MY BEST.

TALK TO YOU SOON,


TVI

Surly said...

Thanks for the link.

tvi said...

HEY "BOB"

I FOUND THIS WHILE LOOKING ON EBAY, THOUGHT ITMIGHT TICKLE YOUR FANCY!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Vintage-HARLEY-DAVIDSON-aeromachi-motorcycle-SS175-old_W0QQitemZ180438874670QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotorcycles_Parts_Accessories?hash=item2a02feba2e

TALK TO YOU SOON,

TVI

Shop Teacher Bob said...

TVI: You know I don't need any more rolling stock. I've got a 125, 165, a couple of 250's and a 350 now. You, one the other hand, should get one for your boy.