Thursday, January 21, 2010

Busy Night















I had a pretty good crowd at open shop the other night. I got the other stud out of the Buell cylinder head. There wasn't much to weld to and anything I could get to stick hit the edge of the hole when I tried to back the stud out. I finally got a couple of threads sticking out so I could weld a nut on it. Came right out then. I also welded up an aluminum tee out of thin wall tubing for a kid working on an RC car. Don't even know what he was making but I got my part done. i was able to tack the battery box and the coil mount on the Rickati. Next step is to decide what's going on with the back wheel and swingarm. If I use the Rickman wheel, I need to get some new bearings ordered in. The steel rim has a flat spot on it and a little surface rust. I might just see if I can find a rear wheel off another dirt bike - something that has an aluminum rim and would be easier to find sprockets for. I can get the seat and fender figured out if I decide to shop around for a different wheel. I just don't want to lose my momentum on this project.

No comments: