Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Leon's Triathlon



That's Leon on the left.




Here's a shameless plug for my son:

Surly spent Sunday taking pictures of the triathlon run by Leon of QBlast fame. It took place in Hammond with the swim in Wolf Lake and the bike portion on Cline Avenue. I used to commute up and down Cline when I was teaching in East Chicago. I would've loved to have been able to ride my bike on the same road I took almost daily for 18 years. The only reason I didn't participate myself is the fact that I can't swim. I thought seriously about taking some lessons this past winter but I didn't figure I could get good enough to feel comfortable swimming a mile in a lake in time before the event and I just didn't have time to train like I needed to for the bike and the run with all the other things I had going on. This would have required pretty serious training for most anyone, especially an old duffer like me.

Check out the photos at Surly's gallery - he's getting to be a pretty good sport's photographer. While you're there, might as well order a couple of photos before he gets too famous and you can't afford him any more.

No comments: