Monday, February 11, 2013

Train Photos


I went to see an exhibition of photographs by O. Winston Link yesterday at Purdue. I met my buddy who is working on his PhD there and we had lunch (he picked out a place with some vegetarian offerings, bless his heart) and then we checked out the exhibit. Man, that Link was a photographer in every sense of the word. The photos were all razor sharp, the lighting was phenomenal, as was the composition. The printing quality was, likewise, excellent. I would assume that many of the negatives, especially those taken at night, would be pretty tricky to print in order to get all the shadow detail and keep from blowing out the highlights. I think I counted 34 photographs in all. Many of them I'd seen in books or magazines before but when you get a chance to see them up close, no doubt then what all the fuss has been about all these years. 

Great afternoon. 

No comments: