Friday, November 1, 2013

I'll Be Turning Soon


Photo From Here
I've been getting back into the swing of things. We had a couple of gorgeous days and with the Missus feeling better I was able to get outside and get a few things done. I got the new barn cleaned up, both upstairs and down. I put some Sta-Bil in the gas tank of the Suzuki and topped it off with fresh hi-test. I bought a cover for it from Menards while they had the 11% Rebate sale going on - only twenty bucks to start with, it's pretty nice and I get two bucks back. Also stopped at the bank to see about getting some Euros for the trip - that explains the photo of Sophia, like I need any other reason to post a photo of Sophia other than it's Sophia.



Finally got around to making the headrest for the creeper I made. The foam should have been a little firmer but it'll work. It's not like I plan on spending a lot of time under vehicles. The main thing is I have a creeper and unless I run the thing over, it should be the last one I'll ever need.



My new wood lathe showed up this week. I've been looking for a mini-lathe and this one seems to be decent. I ordered it from Menards and got the 11% Rebate and free shipping right to the house. It's only 16" between centers but they sell an add on piece that will stretch it out to 40" for something around 100 bucks. I need to make a stand or a shelf of some kind to hang the lathe off the wall. When I get around to that I'll make it long enough to accommodate the extra length if I decide to buy the extended ways or make my own. I'll work on coming up with a design for the stand over the weekend. Whatever you do, enjoy yours.

No comments: