Sunday, November 3, 2013

Insurance Woes

Photo From Here

The more I look at the photos of sidecars, the more I think I should build another one. The 900 still has the lugs on the frame from the one I made way back when. Of course if I can't find the time to finish the bike, how the hell am I going to build a sidecar? Maybe during the time that I would have been working the lab assistant gig?

Things are kind of up in the air at the college now due to the ObamaCare debacle. Since the two part time gigs I'm working add up to more than thirty hours, something needs to give or the college has to offer me insurance. Since option number two is not going to happen, I'm waiting for someone to make a decision on what I can do. The college, of course, is waiting to see if the starting date is going to change on the Affordable Care Act. At least I've got health insurance, unlike many who are now receiving cancellation notices from their insurers. Mine went up $300/month last April in anticipation of this mess but I still have good insurance, just not what most reasonable people would call affordable. Looks like there are going to be a whole bunch of people in a similar fix. Work hours cut, insurance plan cut. Wait until the "Death Panels" come on line. Since they've apparently lied about everything else, probably should have figured they were lying about that too.

Enough bellyaching. I need to go do something good for the soul. Maybe a long walk.

No comments: