Thursday, December 5, 2013

New Toofus

I finally got my new tooth implant this morning. Only took six months and about ten trips to the dentist but I should be golden for a while now, at least in the dental department. Didn't stop at Harbor Freight or the Jaguar dealership this time by but did notice a few used Jags for sale at an outfit that specializes in foreign car repair. Good looking XJS on the lot. A V12 could be fun. Also, right next door to the Jaguar dealer is a Nissan dealer. The new 370Z is a fine looking little automobile.


Depending on options, they run between $30 to $43K. Not cheap, but a lot of sports car for the money. 

I've always had a hankering for a sports car of some sort. The E Type Jaguar was always the one when I was young. I'd still love to have one but then I'd have nothing left to dream about. Well maybe that Moto Guzzi that for some reason I have an irrational desire to own. I read a little blurb in the Wall Street Journal just yesterday about Clive Cussler owning a 1954 Jaguar XK120. Seems he had one that he bought new and later sold. Traded it for a Nash Rambler, actually. He found another XK120 nine years ago and bought it at the age of 71. I'm only 63, so I've got time yet - probably take me that long to get the VW out of the barn so I'll have a place to park it.



No comments: