Monday, December 2, 2013

Only Jobs Left Are Mine!


Of course, there's a million of those left on the list. However, I worked on the TR3 door over the weekend. The temperatures had risen almost to my comfort zone and after completing the engine block the other day, this was the only thing pending for other people. I replaced the lip along the bottom and tacked it on along with a new piece on the inside bottom. I want to check it out on the car before I weld it up, so I'll drop it off and check the fit and then either bring it home or he can finish welding it. 

The landlord at the gym brought the clock he wants fixed to the gym on Saturday but I need to finish getting my woodshop in order before I see about that. He's in no hurry, so that will work out well for both of us. It's a nice looking old wooden cased clock that someone lost or took off the top section. He has a photograph of what it used to look like that was inside the clock, so I've got something to go by. It's rather ornate, so it'll be a stretch for my woodworking skills but I'd like to try it just to see what I can do - give me something to make on my new lathe. I'll try to work up a scale drawing this winter and figure out what type of wood it's made of and then have at it in the spring or summer after I get the rest of my tools set up.

It's supposed to be fairly warm for a few more days yet, so I'm going to try and get a little more done on the 900 swingarm. I did hit a lick on the VW the other day as well. Nothing big but something. I also got the snowblower out and started up. As you can see, I'm still using the shotgun approach to project completion but I'm moving forward again. I've only got a couple more nights of classes to teach and then I'll be on a month long vacation. Definitely looking forward to that. 


No comments: