Tuesday, July 5, 2022

Matchbox Holding My Clothes, Toolbox Holding My Drill Bits

 


The only thing wrong with the old Rockabilly songs - they're just not long enough.


I ended up with this toolbox full of drill bits after my sister-in-law's husband passed away a few years back. I've been meaning to get around to sorting them and resupplying my drill index but I haven't needed any bits. However, the index is getting low on a few sizes so it was time to start sorting things prior to buying any that are probably in the box. Some of the bits are like new, others need sharpening. Most of them are fractional sizes but I've found a couple letter and number drills in the mix so far. This is going to take a while.

Quiet day around the shack yesterday. 10 mile bike ride in the morning, washed a load of clothes and hung them on the line since it was hot and breezy and to encourage Mother Nature to bring us some rain. It worked, too. I had to run outside and get everything off the line when the rain came. We're supposed to get some more over the next few days - we definitely need it.


This one's brought to you by our sponsor, Mutual of Omaha, with our host, Marlin Perkins. I just happened to look out the kitchen window when a ground hog was passing through. Something trimmed off the leaves on one of the Hosta plants under the tree a few days ago. I figured it was a rabbit but might have been this guy. This Wild Kingdom stuff does make life interesting around here.

And lest we forget:


Tee Shirt Tuesday #36. This one was from a 5K run or a one-mile dog walk. I did the dog walk with my dog Larry along with my running buddy and her dog Pongo. The boys had a play date along with quite a few other dogs. Surprisingly enough, most all of the dogs got along very well.

Check-up with the cardiologist today. Not expecting any bad news. I don't know if he does open heart surgery in addition to the stents, but I'm going to ask him to check out my chest while I'm there. Maybe he can shed some light on the problem or refer me to a chest surgeon. This has gone beyond an inconvenience to a pain in the ass. Seems like it's easier to aggravate lately and never totally goes away.  

No comments: