Tuesday, February 20, 2024

Always Something

 I got my CT scan yesterday - waiting on the results. Should find out later today or tomorrow. Then, depending on what was found, see what the solution is. In addition to the chest ailment, I've got another couple of issues I'm dealing with currently. I'm afraid old age has definitely caught up with me. 

I went out to the shop the other day and discovered a squirrel had taken up residence in the front wall. Discovery was easy since it had chewed a hole through the OSB sheathing on the inside wall. That's what I get for not spending more time out there making noise. I'm not sure the best way to get it out of there but it's definitely got to go. 

I took a couple of photos of the vintage trials bike to study while I'm awaiting the solution to the chest issue. I'm hoping I can figure out the best way to get the shifter and rear brake lever situated. The bike is designed with a right-side shift like most of the old European bikes were. Unfortunately, the rear brake actuating arm is also on the right side. I'm leaning towards moving the shift to the left side which is what all American made bikes have since the early seventies. That would make hooking up the brake relatively easy. I just need a jack shaft to transfer the shifting to the opposite side. Not much to it really, just need to keep everything clear of the kick start lever. These are all small parts I can make without much physical effort. Need to get going on it.

No comments: