Saturday, February 17, 2024

Snow Day

 


It snowed most of the day yesterday. Actually, it was a nice winter day. Not too cold, no breeze to speak of, and the snow won't be an issue. Even though it was cold last night, the snow will be gone by tomorrow. I'm glad I don't have to shovel - it'd be tough on my chest.


I took a break from class preparation and wasted some time on the computer, including taking a look at my Ancestry account I recently renewed. I found what appear to be some new relatives. I'll have to do some research and make sure they are in fact my people and then I'm planning on adding an addendum to my book. 

I want to make a couple of shelf brackets for the shop but I don't feel comfortable dragging out the material, cutting, drilling, bending, and welding the pieces and then trying to fasten them on to the wall. There's nothing to the job, but I think I'd be better off waiting until I find out what's going on with the chest. I'm thinking the fix will require surgery, but if that's what it'll take, bring it on.

In the meantime, work on my taxes, family history and catch up on my reading.

No comments: