Thursday, February 15, 2024

Songs of the Old Folks


The Missus bought me the soundtrack from Ken Burns' Country Music documentary a few years back and it had fallen down between the seats in the truck about six months ago. I was getting ready to go to work the other night and decided I should dig it out so I'd have something a little different to listen to on my commute. The soundtrack is a double CD that's really quite good. I had forgotten all about this Kathy Mattea song but it hits a little harder now as I age. 


And as long as I'm having a minor episode of melancholia, might as well throw this one in as well.

My chest x-ray results came back negative, so now I'm scheduled for a CT scan next week. I'm hoping that will finally diagnose with certainty what the problem is. Assuming that does in fact happen, the next step will be getting it corrected. As it is, I can't do much of anything, except eat. I've already put on 5 pounds while sitting on my ass but I'll be working on reversing that trend in the immediate future. 

Only 3 more weeks of teaching. The class is going well but it still takes up a lot of prep time. I've been getting all of my tax stuff together also. If Texas decides to secede from the Union, I'll be moving. I've got no beef with Indiana, but the federal government has turned into a kakistocracy, unfortunately, with no way out. I really dislike having to work the first four months of every year to pay my "fair share" before I get to keep my actual share. 

So on that happy note, I'll sign off. As my old pal Dobak used to say, save your money!

No comments: